Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Day 12

Some times I wonder what my faith, or beliefs would be if I wasn't raised in a Christian household.

I've always been interested in other beliefs, seeing the good (and bad) in all of them.  There is so much good being offered by all religions, why wouldn't you take the best from all of them?

I have tried headcovering, to make myself more humble, to remind myself that God is above me, but I found I was being more judegemental.  I tried modest dress, hubby didn't like it.  He let me try it, but he was very happy when I switched back to jeans.

I don't know how much of what I really believe is squashed by what I raised to believe, and what I feel other people expect me to believe.  I start to think about something, and then I start getting scared, what if I'm wrong, will I go to hell?  Will God forgive me?  But another point is, what if I believe now is wrong?

I don't know.  Sometimes I'm "brave" and do things like getting a Tarot reading, and sometimes I'm scared that even looking into other religions will put me on some sort of naughty list with God.

But, for now, I'm going to keep looking at other beliefs and incorporating what I'm comfortable with.

No comments:

Post a Comment